Dirty Little Secrets of HR

I got into work this morning and started plowing through my inbox. I saw an email from Readers’ Digest about an upcoming stories on what HR really thinks when it comes to the hiring process.

I seem to remember Readers’ Digest being this kind of mild little magazine, not particularly known for its cynicism, with regular features that ranged from corny jokes to stories in which someone had to fend off a deranged grizzly bear for four days. The stories were, ultimately, uplifting. So that’s the kind of expectation I had when I took a peek into the upcoming stories.

After the peek? I think I’d rather take my chances with the deranged grizzly bear. It’s not that I didn’t know all this, I just didn’t think HR would be so proud of it. Click below for some examples:

Examples of HR's dirty little secrets